This chapter explains the sales strategy of nxt. The corresponding project is
We offer high quality, low maintenance solutions that drive a substantial part of the business of our clients.
Our Sales Process¶
Our sales process consists of three steps:
- Lead: We contacted the customer and are waiting, whether we can proceed to offer. For every Lead we have, we create an issue in the sales project wiki. The issue is assigned to the person who is in contact with that potential customer.
- Prospect: We sent an offer and are negotiating.
- Customer: Deal 🎉 🥃 ! We're waiting for the project to start, then close the issue.
We have a Sales Pipeline Dashboard in the sales project. It provides an overview on our sales activities.
It is our habit to drink a glass of Whiskey 🥃 when we signed a deal for a project.
The Clients We Want¶
Our favoured clients check one of these boxes:
- We are their external development department.
- We build critical software for them. (We talk about the kind of software that is their core business or which supports it significantly.)
These clients do not necessarily have to have any IT-knowhow. We can provide that.
Customer Acquisition Strategy¶
Because of the criticality and scope of the projects we want to do, acquiring our client is no easy task. That's why the main principle is Connections, Connections, Connections.
Some of our strategies to build new connections with potential clients:
- Going to meetups, non-technical conferences, start-up events, business lunches, business parties, and so forth.
- Cold Calls
- Giving talks
- Organizing meetups, workshops, parties, and so forth.
- One-on-one business lunches with friends, former co-workers, former bosses, and so forth.